YOUR SMART LOCAL MOVING COMPANY
Serving Huntsville and Nashville areas
This Side Up Moving understands the key to commercial moves is communication and organization. Our commercial move expert will set up a cohesive move plan customized to fit…
This Side Up Moving specializes in all types of residential moves including houses, storage facilities, condos, apartments and assisted living homes. Our team members have been…
We have specialized equipment that allows us to move bulky items such as pianos, hot tubs, pool tables, and safes. Each of these moves is subject to the parameters of the move. Please…
No job is too small for This Side Up Moving. We routinely move individual items and sets of furniture. We can pick-up from homes, stores, warehouses, and…
This Side Up Moving understands that packing can be the most time consuming aspect of a move, which is why we offer the service of packing and unpacking…
HUNTSVILLE AND NASHVILLE MOVERS
Affordable and a top rated company, This Side Up Moving is the smart choice. Whether you are moving to the next neighborhood or a long distance away, we provide a moving experience that is hassle and worry free. We can handle both commercial and residential moves, provide boxes, packing, equipment, world-class trucks, cleaning and storage- a full service! Need a quote? We are fast and responsive, there’s a reason our reviews are so positive. Feel free to contact any of our 3 locations and we’ll be more than happy to provide price estimates or tips for your moving preparation. Just as important, we are local and care about your move, not like some of the big corporate brands driving around. Whether its pillows or furniture or office equipment, no job is too big to move for This Side Up Moving, your smart choice for movers.
TIPS FOR PREPARING FOR MOVERS
Getting ready to move? Here’s 10 tips on moving effectively while using a moving company like us.
- When hiring a mover, make sure you and the company are fully aware of all property to be moved
- Often, a mover can do an in-home or video tour
- Don’t always choose the lowest price, that doesn’t mean the best
Review Their Estimate
- Even if you feel you talked about everything, review the estimate
- Walk through your house and property to check off any line items
- Make note of additional concerns and contact the mover
If Possible, Make an Inventory
- The average American home has a lot of individual items
- Inventory as much as possible, emphasizing your expensive items
- This allows you to check your moved property at your new location to make sure everything made it
If You are Packing, Pack Smart
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box
- Give plenty of time for your kitchen
- Pack important and sentimental in specially marked boxes for easy access
- Make sure the movers leave boxes you need quickly closest to the door.
Establish a Set Moving Date as Soon as Possible.
- You don’t want the date to be a guess.
- You need to be mentally prepared for the move.
- Make time to prepare your home and pack certain special, fragile objects. This is never good to do in a rush.
Know What Cannot Be Transported
- Ask your mover for a list of things they won’t move
- It’s usually chemicals or money and varies with each mover
- Contact us to talk about items you might have concerns with
Create a Packing Plan
- While the mover may do most of the packing, have a plan
- We have done a lot of moves but we don’t know your preferences
- If possible, email it to the mover before the moving day
Establish Knowledge about Insurance
- Talk to your mover about insurance
- Ask what it does and does not cover
INTERESTING MOVING FACTS
Who Moves and Why?
- 40% of all moves are job related.
- 42% of all moves are a personal choice.
- 18% of moves are military or government related (our area is probably higher).
- Every year, 33% of all American renters move.
- The biggest age group of people who move is 18 to 34.
- 35% of college grads do not end up in their home state.
- The number one reason for moving is reported to be “obtaining an easier commute.”
- Florida has the lowest percentage of residents that were born in the state.
- On average, women move a bit more than men by about 7 million.
When do people move?
- About 45 million Americans move every year.
- In 2016, Texas received the most movers in the U.S. but on average it is usually Florida.
- The average American moves 11.7 times in their life.
- Half of all moves happen between May and September, probably due to summer break and a lack of major holidays.
- Friday is the most popular day to move on average.
- Sunday has the least amount of moves on average.
- The average number of boxes used in a move is 60.
- The average household moves about 6,500 pounds.
Why is moving hard?
- Moving is the third most stressful event in life, only behind death and divorce. That should only make hiring the best option even more pivotal.
- Hiring a moving company is often cheaper when you consider how much longer it will take you to do it, factoring in risk of injury and breaking property. Renting a truck is often times a major component that costs more for you to rent than to pay a company.
- If possible, keep your boxes after a move. They usually can be used 1 or 2 more times and be capable of safely holding weight.